Support for menopausal discomfort
MenoGyn contains a synergistic blend of herbal extracts and raw herbs that have all been shown to be helpful in supporting improved mood and energy as well as in reducing several of the minor discomforts associated with menopause. This unique formula contains herbs that can help support the reduction of hot flashes, nighttime sweating, insomnia, mood swings, anxiety and irritability. MenoGyn is a scientifically researched and documented natural supplement that can confidently be used as an adjunct to other protocols designed to reduce the common discomforts of menopause.
- Flavones in extracts of Cimicifuga racemosa or Black Cohosh have been shown to help in the reduction of menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, anxiety night sweats and insomnia.(Planta Med 1997;63:289).
- In a randomized trial of Black cohosh for the treatment of hot flashes, menopausal women experienced significant improvement after only 12 weeks of supplementation (J. Clin Oncol 2001;19:2739-2745).
- Gamma-oryzanol, (also known as ferulic acid) is a grain-like substance isolated from rice bran, that has been shown to help improve the symptoms of menopause, including the intensity and onset of hot flashes Obstet Gynecol Pract 1963;12:147-149).
- Isoflavones derived from Red Clover (Trifolium Pratense) may also help reduce hot flashes in postmenopausal women. Like soy isoflavones, these compounds exhibit mild estrogenic-like activity. (Menopause 2001;8:333-337).
- Studies on the safety and efficacy of a standardized soy extract on hot flashes have shown improvement in multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies (Menopause 2002- 9:329-334).
- Several herbs such as Valerian Root, Hops Flowers, and Passion Flower help in reducing mood swings and anxiety that may be associated with the onset of menopause in women. Passion flower demonstrated reduced anxiety in patients withdrawing from chemical addiction during a double-blind, randomized con-trolled study (J Clin Pharm Ther 2001;25:369-73).
- Treatment of insomnia with valerian root extract demonstrated both effectiveness and tolerance in a small, clinical trial (Psychopharmakotherapie 3: 109-115, 1996). (in German)
Suggested use for adults: 1 - 2 capsules two times per day with or after a meal or as directed.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.